Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011- The worst year ever?

Okay, so I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, especially when everybody wants some good news, BUT, in 2011 things could get even worse. I know, I know....Can it get any worse.

I was doing a little research on biblical numerology the other day and I was surprised at what I found. Allow me to set the context for the discussion with these digested meanings of numbers (if you don't believe me, or even if you do, I encourage you to do your own research).

10- universally understood to represent perfection....(i.e. "the perfect ten")

11- being an addition of 10+1, is subversive and undoes the perfection of ten. Or you could say it is 1 less than 12, which represent Divine government. Either way eleven could be said to represent chaos, dis-integration and imperfection.

20- because it is 10 doubled could be understood to be perfection doubled, or 1 less than 21. If it's meaning is held in being one less than 21 it could mean expectancy

21- represents Divine (3) completion in regards to spiritual perfection (7)



So, in combining those numbers, it turns out that 2010, with all of it's problems, was actually a year of divine perfection( his perfect will was done here on earth). Then, 2011 could be a year of divine... well you do the math.

BUT THERE IS GOOD NEWS FOR THE BELIEVER!!!! First off, we must remember that there is a divine plan and order for all things. Isaiah 55:9 reminds us "For as the heavens are above the earth so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts". It won't make sense down here because we can't see it from his viewpoint....we don't know the expected end.

Secondly, our expected end is all good. Because he loves us, he promises us good things: Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think of you, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". And finally isn't that why he sent his son to "give us life and more abundantly" John 10:10.

Lastly, whether there is truth to the numbers or not, the undisputed truth is that our GOD is in control. We must remember that even though we live in the world system, we are not controlled by it. During one of the worst famines the land had ever seen, Elijah drank from his own private brook and was fed by his own private catering service. (1 Kings 17: 2-6).

Yes, I believe 2011 will be even more challenging for those who find themselves outside of his will. But for the believer I declare that 2011 will be an oasis full of blessings in the midst of barren and plagued lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment